Reading eggs is an interactive learn to read online site that is fun and educational. “The Reading Eggs program focuses on a core reading curriculum of phonics and sight words using skills and strategies essential for sustained reading success. It completely supports what children learn at school and will help to improve your child’s results at school.”, as reported on the site.
What is included:
- Reading Eggs is targeted for kids learning to read ages 3 – 13.
- Assessments to get you started and online support each step of the way.
- 100 online lessons, interactive books with the words they are learning and books that you may purchase to have in your home.
- Great incentives with fun games, feed back with quizzes each 10 lessons..
- Free Trials that do no require a debit/credit card to start.
How we use it in our home/what we like about this curriculum:
We were given the opportunity to review the Reading Eggs program as part of our The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew tour, for free, in exchange for sharing it with you. The boys and I downloaded the site, walked through the assessment programs, and then played/worked through the Reading Express side of the site. After a while on the Express side, we back tracked to the Reading Eggs side to see if there were areas that might help out our youngest reader. The site was extremely easy to download, navigate and and immediately get started.
- For our family, the online learning to read has not worked well with either child.
- We enjoyed the reading assessments which gave me a huge mental picture of where my youngest son was at in his reading levels.
- The program was slow to load on our main computer, and we did upgrade our internet wifi connector and it loaded faster. We are very happy that they have the free trial so that you may test this out!
- I would recommend this program to younger families, starting out in phonics and site words, as an additional learn to read option.
Reading Eggs is available on line at http://readingeggs.com/home . Pricing information may be found on their Pricing Page. They offer various time packages, Monthly (9.95), Six Month (49.95) and Full year packaging (75.00).
Although this program was not quite a fit for our older reading well boys, I think it would be fun to check out with your younger children. I encourage you to read the other reviews. I have heard how Reading Eggs has been a huge blessing to a some of my Crew Friends!